Some time back I wanted to buy an external Hardisk, when I enquired about the same I found that a 40Gb external hard disk of brands like Transcend, Seagate cost around Rs.4500. But my requirement was to get a external 200 GB hard Disk and it would cost me a fortune if bought one.
Then one of my friends suggested me to buy an external casing for the hard disk which can be used to convert your existing PATA hard disk to an external Hard disk.
So I bought an 3.5″ external USB casing which perfectly fitted my existing 200 GB.
I got the casing for around Rs. 600 of Intex make and converted one of my 200 GB PATA hard disk as an external hard disk. Now when ever I go out to my friends place all I do is carry my external hard disk with me.
Steps for converting a internal PATA hard disk to a External Hard disk:
1. Go and get your self a external 3.5″ USB casing.
2. Makes you can trust Intex, Techcom, Frontech. If you want branded ones then you can get iBall make case.
3. Points to be Checked when getting an External case:
- Make sure the manufacturer provides an power supply.
- USB Cable to connect to your computer.
- Fans for ventilation so that your hard disk does not get overheated when in use.
- Mounting screws.
4. The connecting of the hard disk to your external casing depends upon each manufacturer and connecting is not big problem. Even a child can connect it.
5. Always remember to set your internal PATA hard disk to master before connecting.
6. That’s it now your external hard disk is ready for rock n roll.
I am posting the pics of my External hard disk casing so that you can get an idea about what an external hard disk casing looks like.
Click on the below images to enlarge.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found