Are you thinking of viewing High Definition (HD) video in your PC? If yes here is the minimum system requirements for playing HD video using Cyberlink HD Video playback software ( I guess most of us won’t be able to meet it):
- Intel Pentium EE 840 (3.2 GHz)
- Intel Pentium EE 955 (3.4 GHz)
- Intel Pentium D 9xx series 945 (3.4 GHz), 950 (3.4 GHz), 960 (3.6 GHz)
- Intel Core Duo T2xxx series T2500 (2 GHz), T2600 (2.16 GHz), T2700 (2.33 GHz)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6xxx series E6300 (1.8 GHz), E6400 (2.13 GHz), E6600 (2.4 GHz), E6700 (2.66 GHz), E6800 (2.93 GHz)
- AMD Athlon 64 FX series FX-60 (2.6 GHz), FX-62 (2.8 GHz)
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 series 4200+ (2.2 GHz), 4400+ (2.2 GHz), 4600+ (2.4 GHz), 4800+ (2.4 GHz), 5000+ (2.6 GHz)
- AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 (2 GHz)
Note: All the above CPU’s are Dual Core.
Even my Dual core Pentium D 930 @ 3.0Ghz is not enough.
System Memory (RAM):
512 MB or above, 1 GB is recommended (This condition my computer satisfies as I have 2GB of RAM)
Blu-ray Disc drive or HD DVD drive (This I don’t have right now)
NVidia GeForce: 7600 GT, 7800 GTX 512, 7900 GX2, 7900 GTX, 7950 GX2
ATi: X1600 series, X1800 series, X1900 series
(Again I fail this condition as am currently on onboard graphics powered by Intel 945G chipset)
256 MB graphics card memory or above (My computer fails this as I have only 128MB of video RAM)
1. HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) compliant display (DVI, HDMI connections) for digital output.
2. TV (composite, componet, S-Video) or computer monitor (VGA) for analog output
( My monitor is not HDCP complaint)
Cyberlink even offers a tool which will check your system for compatibilty and will give a report:
Here is my Report for Blu-ray HD Video Compatability:
Here is my Report for HD DVD HD Video Compatability:
If you don’t have a dual core cpu then you are out of the game right away. I don’t know how many people will be able to afford such high end configuration; even Windows Vista does not require such a configuration. Another thing I come to know by going through system requirement is: Cyberlink software is resource hogger and I hope to see a better alternative soon.
Does your computer confirm to these requirements? Please give your feedback. You can also post your results here using the cyberlink tool.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found