CDFreaks has reviewed engineering sample Plexeraser PX-OE100E. The PlexEraser is optical media eraser which destroys data on the optical disc using a laser in an environmental friendly manner. It can erase eight types of formats: CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/DVD-R DL/DVD+R DL. It also destroys both 12cm and 8cm sizes. It takes, on average, 3 minutes to destroy CD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW and 6 minutes for dual layer (DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL). The drive can be used without a computer, all you need to do is connect the power supply to the Plexeraser and you are ready for the CD/DVD destroying mission. To prevent accidental destruction of the discs the drive features a bright orange tray (good idea otherwise people would end up destroying wrong discs).
The Data on the disc is destroyed over the complete length of the media. To make it visible that the destruction has succeeded, 3 circles are burned on the media afterwards. (see the image below)
CDFreaks conclusion / verdict:
1. Easy usage
2. Easy to connect
3. Supports CD-R/RW media
4. Supports DVD±R/RW media
5. Supports DVD±R DL media
6. Destroys media in an friendly and environmentally way
7. Operates as a standalone device, no connection to a PC/MAC needed
8. Very silent operation
9. The device can be switched OFF when it is not needed
10. Orange tray with warning to prevent wrong destruction of media
11. The device is RoHS Compliant
12. 2 years fast warranty service in EU, Norway and Switzerland
1. Does not support DVD-RAM media
2. Power consumption in OFF mode
The complete review can be read here.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found