At last I have got myself a Intel Core 2 Duo based laptop, I had ordered Dell Inspiron 6400 on 29.09.06 and it arrived on 14.10.06. I actually had two laptops in mind and it was pretty difficult for me to decide between these two; one was Dell XPS 1210 with 12.1″ widescreen and Dell Inspiron 6400 with 15.4″ widescreen. The confusion in my mind was cleared by Arun and Techz and I thank these guys for giving me their valuable suggestions. Dell XPS 1210 is a good laptop except for the screen size of 12.1″ which is a bit too small where as Dell Inspiron 6400 is real good laptop as it has everything one would require at present.
So here is the Configuration of my New Laptop:
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200 (Merom Core) @ 2GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB
- Intel 945 Chipset Family Motherboard
- 1GB (2 X 512MB) DDR2 SDRAM @ 533MHz in dual channel mode.
- 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 Hypermemory Graphics Card
- 15.4″ Wide Screen XGA TFT Display with Truelife: 1280×800
- 120GB SATA Hard Drive at 5400 rpm featuring 8MB of cache
- Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
- Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- Integrated Sigmatel HD Stereo Sound
- Internal Dell 87 Keys Keyboard (English)
- Internal 56K Modem
- Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card
- 1 ExpressCard Slot
- 9-cell 85Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery
- 90W Primary AC Adapter (110V/220V)
- A/V Cable Kit
- DELL Large Nylon Case
- Microsoft basic optical mouse
[eminimall products="dell, laptop"]
Right now I am benchmarking and reviewing the laptop so by this weekend or by early next week you can expect the complete review of this laptop along with photographs and I hope my laptop doesn’t explode when I am using it.
Click on the image to enlarge
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found