Windows Vista Security Center monitors the following security components for Windows:
- Automatic Updates
- Antivirus Status
- Antispyware and Malware Software Status
- User Account Control (UAC) Status
If any of the above has got any problem or issue the Windows Vista security center alerts by popup notifications and that gets very annoying sometimes, which keeps telling you to “Check your security settings”.
How to disable Windows Vista security center popup notifications?
1. Access security center from Windows Vista control panel using the path Start>Settings>Control Panel>Security Center.
2. Now select “Change the way security center alerts me” from the left side bar. Refer to the screen shot below.
3. Now select the third option in the window that says “Don’t notify me and don’t display icon”. Refer to the screen shot below.
4. Once you have done this, Windows Vista security center will not popup those annoying notifications.
Warning: This is not recommended from the security point of view. Don’t use this if you are not aware of the implications of this change.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found