I switched over to Samsung SyncMaster 940BW 19″ Widescreen LCD Monitor in February of this year (2007) from my 17″ CRT monitor. People who are still using it is right time to switch to LCD monitors as the prices are dropping and better deals available in the market.
What is in the box?
- 19″ Widescreen LCD monitor.
- Analog cable.
- Digital DVI cable.
- Power cord.
- Monitor base stand.
- Utility and driver CD.
Below are the photos of the monitor package: (click to enlarge the picture)
|Viewable Area||19″ wide|
|Pixel Pitch / Pixels||0.285|
|Response Time||4ms (Gray to Gray)|
|Interface||Analog and Digital|
|Maximum Resolution||1440 x 900|
|Colour Supported||16.2 million|
|Input Connectors||15pin D-sub, DVI-D|
|Support for HDCP||Yes when used with DVI interface|
|Power Consumption||Max 42 watts|
Build and Ease of Use:
The build of monitor is of top notch quality and I have no woes about it. The fixing of the monitor base to the monitor was a breeze even a kid would be able to fit it. In order to fix the interface cables you would have to open the access panel which situated behind the monitor. By pulling the access panel it gets detached and you can access the DVI and analog interfaces. Refer to the photos below to have a look at the interfaces. (click to enlarge)
[eminimall products="lcd monitor"]
Features and Analysis:
- Response time of 4ms is amazing as I could not see any ghosting effect during the video and game playback. This monitor is able to produce crisp sharp images and great colour reproduction with out any colour bleeding.
- This monitor is HDCP ready, means that if you have a compatible hardware then you can watch High Definition (HD) videos featuring High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). I could not test the HDCP feature as my current graphics does not support HDCP moreover I don’t have a Blu-ray or HD-DVD drive at present.
- Magic Bright feature of the monitor comes with six preset modes they are: Custom, Text, Internet, Game, Sport and Movie. With touch of a button you can switch to your favourite mode.
- The monitor comes bundled with Magic Tune and Natural color software. Magic Tune helps you configure your monitor without ever touching the control buttons that are present on the front panel. Natural color helps you configure and calibrate your printer and monitor so that you get to see the output as what you see in the screen.
- The Magic Color feature of the monitor displays optimized images that are both vivid and rich.
- Since it is a widescreen monitor the movie watching experience is amazing. (I am a movie buff )
Conclusion / Verdict:
All the positives of the monitor are described above, I would suggest that Samsung improve the contrast ratio of the monitor but it is not a big issue as bundled software and the intelligent functions take care of this issue well. This monitor retails for around INR 9,800 in Chennai, India and comes with three year warranty. I would say that for this price, this the best deal you can get. When it comes to monitor Samsung’s service is one of the best in India. So what are you thinking? Go get rid of your old CRT and get your self a 19″ widescreen monitor or if you can afford a little more then you can get a 22″ monitor.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found