Free IP Tools is a collection of 12 network tools that can be used for trouble shooting network related issues. There are lot of utilities available in the Internet for doing all these functions but having all these tools under one utility is very useful as you can access each one of them very quickly.
Features of Free IP Tools:
1. NBScan: a powerful and fast NetBIOS scanner. NBScan can scan a network within a given range of IP addresses and list computers offering NetBIOS resource-sharing service, as well as their name tables and MAC addresses. Unlike the standard nbtstat utility supplied with Windows, this tool provides a graphical user interface and easy management of the lmhosts file and features parallel scanning, which allows checking a class C network in less than one minute. NBScan can facilitate routine tasks often carried out by system integrators, administrators, and analysts.
2. PortScan: an advanced TCP port scanner that allows you to scan your network for active ports. This tool features both conventional (full connect) and stealth (half-open) scanning modes.
3. HostAlive: a network monitoring tool that periodically checks if a host is alive and running network services, such as an HTTP or FTP server.
4. EmailVerify: checks if an e-mail address is valid by communicating with the corresponding mail server over SMTP.
5. Shares: monitors and logs external connections to your computer’s shared resources, lists local shares, as well as provides a quick and easy way to connect to remote resources.
6.SysFiles: a convenient editor for the five important system files: services, protocol, networks, hosts, and lmhosts.
7. RawSocket: provides you with the ability to establish low-level TCP and UDP connections to troubleshoot and test different networking services. Multi-color output and a convenient interface make it a great tool for every network administrator or computer programmer.
8. TraceRoute and Ping: these familiar utilities featuring customizable options and convenient results presentation allow you to explore the Internet and troubleshoot connectivity problems.
9. NSLookup: allows you to convert IP addresses to hostnames and vice versa, obtain aliases, and perform advanced DNS queries, such as MX or CNAME.
10. IPBlackList: checks if an IP addresses is included in various IP address black lists: SPAM databases, open proxies and mail relays, etc. This tool helps you figure out why a given IP address is rejected by some network resources, such as mail servers.
11. SNMPAudit: Advanced SNMP device scanner. It allows you to locate SNMP devices in the selected network segment quickly and receive customizable data sampling from each of the devices. You can use SNMP browser for examining a device in detail.
Download Free IP Tools
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found