DVDSubEdit is a free tool that allows you to edit / modify and visualize the subtitles of DVD video inside the VOB files. There are certain times when we wish we could edit those subtitles in the DVD movies so this tool can prove pretty useful. One of the notable features of this tool is that it can edit / modify the subpic stream without the need for demux and remux of the subpic stream present in the VOB files.
Features of DVDSubEdit:
- VOB and SUP files are supported and there is no need for demuxing or remuxing as this tool works directly inside the VOB files.
- Reposition the subtitles where you exactly want them to be like vertically or horizontally and all display modes are supported like 4:3, widescreen, letterboxed, pan and scan.
- Transparency and colour of each subtitle can be changed or modified. There is also option available to completely hide the subtitle.
- Re-synchronization of subtitles can be done by changing the start time and duration of the subtitle.
- You can search, modify and export the subtitles as .srt file which you can share.
- Selective removal of subtitle is possible without the need for re-authoring the whole DVD file.
- Subtitles can be edited using external bitmap editing tools like MS Paint, Photoshop, Gimp and etc. There is no need for demux or remux hence this does not take much time.
- The subtitles can be exported as .sup and .srt format.
The author of the tool has put up a detailed guide on using this tool, which you can find here.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found