There many occasions when we would like to copy the long path of file or folder to clipboard for further use. The file or folder path can be copied by manually opening the explorer or path of the file or folder can be found out by right clicking file or folder > Properties.
Both the above mentioned ways can become a pain if we have to do it frequently, Windows Vista comes with an inbuilt feature that can be used to copy the path of file or folder directly to clipboard. Let us see how we can achieve this.
How to copy path of file or folder to clipboard in Windows Vista
1. First select the file or folder for which you intend to copy the path.
2. Now hold the shift key and right click on the file or folder. Now you should see an option called “Copy as Path”.
That’s it the path of the file or folder now should be copied to the clipboard. Now just paste the copied path where ever you intend to use.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Securely Delete or Wipe files and Folders using File Shredder
- Google Chrome: How to sync bookmarks, apps, extensions, preferences, passwords, browsing history and etc
- Google+ Plus: How to Stop Email and SMS Notifications?
- Google Plus (+) : How to Delete a User Comment from your Stream/Post?
- Split a Folder into Multiple Small Folders by Number of Files, Folder Size and Folder Name using Folder Axe