These days as the price of the hard disk drives have dropped most of us own large hard drives, even though with such big hard drives we always run out of the space. It makes lot of sense to periodically analyze the contents of disk, file and folders to find out which are the largest files and folders that occupy most of the space. The free utility Primitive File Size Chart is makes this job easier for us.
- Primitive File Size Chart when run lists the 50 largest files and folders.
- Option is available to list files and folders more than 50 in number but in most of the cases 50 is more than sufficient.
- The following information are displayed in the list: file name, file or folder path and size of the file or folder.
- Subfolders can also be included in the analysis.
- No installation is required hence can be used as a portable application.
This is cool tool that can be helpful in analyzing the hard disk or folder contents for big files. We recommend the authors that there be an option provided to save the data as text or csv file that can prove pretty useful analysis.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Quickly Find 100 Large Files Present in Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Generate/Create a HTML Index of Files and Folders of a Directory using Archlab Dir2HTML
- Split a Folder into Multiple Small Folders by Number of Files, Folder Size and Folder Name using Folder Axe
- Securely Delete or Wipe files and Folders using File Shredder
- Windows Vista Tip: How to Copy Path of File / Folder to Clipboard