The Hard Disk Drives are one of the most important components of our PC as they hold all the data. So it makes lot of sense to have a look at the critical parameters of the hard disk drive regularly to get to know the health status of the hard disk drives. All hard disk drives these days come with S.M.A.R.T. technology (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) which can throw light on the well being of your hard disk drive by reading the reliability parameters present in them. Hard Drive Monitor is one such free tool that can be used to report about your hard drives health which include drive status, drive information, spin-up time, drive temperature and more.
This utility does not require any installation hence can be used to as portable application. Hard Drive Monitor can detect and monitor multiple hard disk drives but we would recommend that author provide a option to save the data so that it can be later used for comparison purposes.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Change the Serial Number of Hard Disk Partitions in Windows without Formatting using Hard Disk Serial Number Changer
- Adjust/Tweak/Boost Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Cache Memory via CacheBooster
- Get or Find Precise Information About CPU (Processor), Memory (RAM), Motherboard of Your Computer using HWM BlackBox
- Windows Defragmentation Utility: DiskTune
- Control Windows Vista UAC (User Account Control) Settings with UAC Shortcut