DiskTune is a free defragmentation tool for Windows using with you can optimize and defrag your file system. One of the unique features of DiskTune that sets this tool apart is that it monitors hard disk temperature during the defragmentation process and when the hard disk drive gets too hot it pauses the defragmentation process for a while.
Features of DiskTune:
- Supported file formats are: FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS.
- DiskTune uses VSS safe-mode to reduce interaction between defragmentation and shadow copies.
- Three operating modes are available: Defrag, optimize and compact.
- Presence of hard disk drive temperature monitor pauses disk defragmentation process if the disk becomes too hot.
- Option to create shortcuts for various types of operating modes.
- DiskTune integrates with context menu.
- Ability to defragment individual folders.
- Runs in background with low priority.
- Boot optimization utilizing the Windows layout.ini file
- MFT can be defragmented and optimized.
We tested this utility in Windows XP and Windows Vista. We felt that the user interface has to be improved a bit more.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Change the Serial Number of Hard Disk Partitions in Windows without Formatting using Hard Disk Serial Number Changer
- Adjust/Tweak/Boost Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Cache Memory via CacheBooster
- Convert, Resize, Rename and Compress Image Files using ImageKonverter
- Optimize and Reduce the File Size of PNG Files using PNG Optimizer
- Batch Convert Multiple Text Files (Txt) to PDF File using TXT To PDF Converter