UTube Ripper is a application that will allow you to download YouTube videos and also offers option to extract the audio from the YouTube Video. Download the .deb version for Ubuntu from here and Now double click on the .deb that you downloaded. You will be prompted to download the dependencies if they are not installed (UTube Ripper is written in Gambas). After the dependencies are installed the application is ready to run.
Features of UTube Ripper:
The UTube Ripper can download the YouTube videos and also if you want can extract or rip audio from YouTube videos.
By default the UTube Ripper saves the video file in .flv format but option is provided to save the file in .avi and .mpg format as well. The audio and video bitrate can be adjusted and resolution of the video by default is 320×240 which you can change as per your requirement. Mpeg4 and Xvid codecs can are offered for encoding the video and AC3 and Mp3 codecs for audio. Download a video just copy the YouTube videos URL paste it and hit the download button, after the download is complete you can find the file at ~/.utube folder.
To extract or rip only audio check the ‘Rip audio only’ option and point it to the downloaded flv file, the audio will extracted from that. This is excellent desktop based client for downloading YouTube videos under Linux environment. Please note we all Linux application testing we do in Ubuntu Linux.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- How to Prevent Ubuntu Linux from Resetting or Changing Computer’s BIOS or Hardware Clock
- Ubuntu Linux: How to Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope from Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex
- Ubuntu Linux Tip: How to Quickly View Calendar in Terminal
- Ubuntu Linux Intrepid Ibex 8.10 Installation (Guide) Walk Through
- Hands on Review of Ubuntu One File Sharing and File Sync Service