In this post let us discuss how to install Adobe Air in Ubuntu Linux, we have tested this steps in Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10)
How to Install Adobe AIR in Linux (Ubuntu)
1. First you need to download the Adobe AIR for Linux from here. Download the file to your desktop or whatever location you wish to, in this tutorial we have saved the installer in Desktop.
2. Now Right-Click the file and go to Properties, as shown in the screenshot below:
3. In the Properties window navigate to the ‘Permissions’ tab and check the ‘Allow executing file as program’ option.
4. After you have done is open the terminal and navigate to the folder that you saved the installer file, in this case it is Desktop. Now enter this command in the terminal:
Note: In this case the file name that we had saved was AdobeAIRInstaller.bin if your file name is different then you have to use the file that you have.
5. Now you will get a screen where you can see the GUI installer of Adobe AIR that gets launched.
6. Now follow the onscreen instructions and Adobe AIR should be installed.
7. Now download your favourite Adobe AIR applications and start using them in Ubuntu Linux.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Ubuntu Linux Intrepid Ibex 8.10 Installation (Guide) Walk Through
- Ubuntu Linux: How to Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope from Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex
- How to Prevent Ubuntu Linux from Resetting or Changing Computer’s BIOS or Hardware Clock
- Hands on Review of Ubuntu One File Sharing and File Sync Service
- Ubuntu Linux: How to Install Ubuntu One Client in Ubuntu Linux