HWM BlackBox is a free tool that will with precise in-depth information about your computers core components like CPU (Processor), Memory (RAM), Motherboard (Mainboard) and also allows you to benchmark your system performance. Earlier we covered CPU-Z which is a wonderful tool and gives out similar details.
Features of HWM BlackBox:
1. Processor or CPU Information: BlackBox gives provides the following information about the processor or CPU: Model of the processor or CPU, Codename, technology using which the CPU was manufactured, package, version, revision, instructions supported, number of cores, L1-L2-L3 cache sizes, maximum clock speed , current speed, percentage of overclock, BUS speed, FSB speed, voltage, fan speed, clock multiplier and core temperatures.
2. Memory or RAM information: The following information about the RAM can be found: Total available RAM size, type of memory, channel info, frequency, FSB:DRAM ration, overclocking status, module count, empty slots, CAS latency, RAS-CAS, RAS percentage, cycle time, bank cycle and command rate. In addition to this the following information about the individual RAM slots is provided: Size of the memory module, type of memory, maximum clock rate, data width, manufacturer and DIMM slot that is in use.
3. System Information: In system information tab we can find the information on the Motherboard, Graphics card, Hard disk drive and network adapter. The following information about Motherboard can be found: manufacturer, model of motherboard, BIOS version, North Bridge details, South Bridge details, ATX voltages, types of slots available and case temperature. The following information about graphics card can be found: model, amount of memory, core clock speed, shader clock, memory clock and temperature of the graphics card. The information hard disk drive includes model, type of hard disk and capacity and for network adapter information on model, adapter type, speed, MAC address and IP address can be found out.
4. Benchmark of the computer: This tool provides a option to benchmark your computer but this can be done only in Windows Vista and Windows 7. The benchmark is based on the Windows experience index hence the reason that this is not available in earlier editions of the Windows.
5. Overclock Panel: This tool has got panel called Overclock panel that gives out information about the current Overclocking status of processor or CPU, RAM or memory, motherboard and graphics card. In the below screenshot we can see that the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 is clocked at 3.6 GHz which is 20% over its default clock rate.
The best part this tool does not require any installation hence it is a portable application which you can carry in your USB pen or flash drive. We tested this tool in Windows XP and Windows Vista a found it to be working fine.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Find Detailed Information, Open GL Capabilities and Stress Test Graphics Card using GPU Caps Viewer
- Change the Serial Number of Hard Disk Partitions in Windows without Formatting using Hard Disk Serial Number Changer
- Optimize and Reduce the File Size of PNG Files using PNG Optimizer
- Batch Convert Multiple Text Files (Txt) to PDF File using TXT To PDF Converter
- Modify / Change MPEG4 (MP4) Video Files Parameter without Re-Encoding