Archlab Dir2HTML is a free tool that will create or generate index of files and folders of the chosen directory. This is a very useful that tool that using which you can create good looking report of files and folders and then use to keep track of the contents of your directory.
Features of Archlab Dir2HTML:
- Support for recursive indexing.
- Create sub-sections for each subfolder within the index file and link files for online and offline projects using a custom link-prefix.
- Convert a Directory Structure and Files to a single HTML File
- Include Subfolders (recursive)
- Create Subsection for each Subfolder or hide Subfolders
- Create HTML Sitemaps (in .htm Format)
- Mask (Search Files), you can create the report by filtering the files by extensions. If you want to index a single file type then have to enter the file extension or if you want to index all the files the use the wild card *.*
- Link files using a custom Link-Prefix
- Add a Back-Link to the file.
- Add Description Cell
- Add Summary (include total size and number of files)
- Convert all file names to Lowercase Files and Folders
- Convert all file names to Uppercase Files and Folders
- Convert Spaces in Links to %20
- Create custom Page-Title
- Customize table alignment and Width.
- Customize Fonts and Colors.
As an example here we have taken a folder called Test Folder which has got sub-folders Folder 1, Folder 2 and Folder 3. Each folder has got files inside and under Folder 1 we have another sub-folder of Folder 1_A. Below you can find the sample output (click to enlarge):
We find this software very useful as it can create really usable reports of a directory. We tested this software in Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Quickly Find 100 Large Files Present in Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Split a Folder into Multiple Small Folders by Number of Files, Folder Size and Folder Name using Folder Axe
- Securely Delete or Wipe files and Folders using File Shredder
- Convert, Resize, Rename and Compress Image Files using ImageKonverter
- Optimize and Reduce the File Size of PNG Files using PNG Optimizer