There are many instances when when we uninstall a software we are prompted to delete or keep the shared DLL file, but most of us will never delete the DLL files fearing that it might corrupt the Windows. Over a period of time there may be lots of unused unreferenced shared DLL files that may be left behind. DLLArchive is a free tool using which you can search and find unused obsolete DLL files and then archive them.
Launch DLLArchive and hit the search button the utility will search for unreferenced or obsolete DLL files and then list them. Choose the DLL files that you intend to remove and hit the archive button. The unused DLL files can be archived selectively or all the files that are listed can be archived using the ‘Archive All’ option. This will archive the file to different location in case you feel that a DLL file has been archived incorrectly then you can retrieve it anytime, hence you need not fear of screwing up Windows.
We tested this tool in Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Warning: DLL files are important system files, incorrect use of this software can corrupt your Windows. Shivaranjan.com is not responsible for incorrect usage of this software.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Easily and Quickly Create a New Folder Within Windows Explorer or by a Hotkey
- Scan, Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows using Double Driver
- Note-It: The Enhanced/Advanced Desktop Sticky Notes for Windows
- Greenshot- The Lightweight Screenshot Taking Utility
- Split a Folder into Multiple Small Folders by Number of Files, Folder Size and Folder Name using Folder Axe