There are many instances when we may need to watch a folder for changes. Watch 4 Folder is a free tool using which you can monitor changes that occur in a folder. The available monitoring options are:
- File name changes.
- Directory name changes.
- File or folder attributes change.
- File or folder size change.
- Last write change.
- Security attribute change.
When any of these changes are detected you have the option to trigger a program or script. All the monitoring of a folder can also be logged in a log file.
This software needs some improvement to enhance its effectiveness, the author should consider the option of logging the detailed change that occurred to the folder, an option to display a popup window when change happens and option to monitor multiple folders. We tested this software in Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Monitor Multiple Directories / Folders for File changes, Modifications, Deletions and New files using Directory Monitor
- Convert, Resize, Rename and Compress Image Files using ImageKonverter
- Optimize and Reduce the File Size of PNG Files using PNG Optimizer
- Batch Convert Multiple Text Files (Txt) to PDF File using TXT To PDF Converter
- Extract Audio From FLV Video File as MP3 File