In this post we shall discuss the various ways to enable hibernate option in Windows 7. There two methods using you which you can enable hibernate option in Windows 7 one is from command prompt and the other from control panel.
How to enable or disable hibernate option in Windows 7 from command line
To enable hibernate option use the command below:
powercfg /hibernate on
To disable the hibernate option use the command below:
powercfg /hibernate off
These commands also work in Windows Vista which we have already discussed.
How to enable hibernate option in Windows 7 from Power Plan or Power options
The hibernate option can be enabled from the Windows Power plan settings from control panel. To access the power plan settings go to Start Menu>> Control Panel>> Hardware and Sounds>> Power Options, now select the power plan that is active for you and select ‘Change plan settings’ (refer to the screenshot below, click to enlarge)
Now in the window that appears select the ‘Change the advanced power settings’.
Now you will be able to see the advanced power options for each hardware device, go the drop down under the sleep category and navigate to the setting called “Allow hybrid sleep” and set it Off.
That is it this will now enable hibernation in Windows 7, in case of any queries or question please post in comment section.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Securely Delete or Wipe files and Folders using File Shredder
- Display / Show Num, Caps and Scroll Lock Key Indicator / Status in Windows System Tray using Keyboard LEDs
- Backup, Restore and Optimize Windows Registry using ERUNTgui
- Windows 7: How to Remove Windows 7 SP1 Backup Files to Gain / Free up Disk Space
- Windows 7: How to Erase a Rewritable CD / DVD Disc