Microsoft frequently provides updates and security fixes for Windows XP via automatic updates, each time an update gets installed a backup folder like “$NtUninstall…” gets created. So over a period of time folders like these occupy quite a large amount of disk space. These folders are created with backup files so that it can be easier to uninstall an update but if you are happy with an update or don’t have any issue with an update then it makes sense to remove this folder but the catch here is we cannot simply delete these folders as they have reference in registry with registry entries.
Windows Update Remover is a free software using which you safely remove folders like “$NtUninstall…” and also uninstall an Windows XP update safely.
Once you run this program all the updates listed in your computer are listed, you can either use the “Uninstall Update” option to uninstall an update or use the “Remove backup folder” option to delete the installed updates backup folder. If you are still running Windows XP then this tool is a must have for you.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Backup or Copy a Windows XP User Profile to a Different Location using Profile Copier
- Manage / Remove / Detect Hardware Devices of Your Computer using Device Remover
- Easily and Quickly Create a New Folder Within Windows Explorer or by a Hotkey
- Control Windows Vista UAC (User Account Control) Settings with UAC Shortcut
- Convert, Resize, Rename and Compress Image Files using ImageKonverter