Ubuntu One is free file & folder syncing and sharing service using which you can share or sync files and folders across computers and other people that run Ubuntu Linux which we have covered earlier. In this post let us discuss the installation of Ubuntu One in Ubuntu Linux.
How to Install Ubuntu One Client in Ubuntu Linux
1. The first step is to add the Ubuntu One software repositories as software sources. To add the software repositories click this link and you will prompted with window, choose the ‘Open with Gdebi Package Installer’ and then click OK.
Now the package would be downloaded and you would have to install this for the software repositories to be added.
2. Now we have to update or reload the software repositories using this command:
sudo apt-get update
3. Now we are ready to install the Ubuntu One client, to download and start the installation use this command
sudo apt-get install ubuntuone-client
4. After the installation is complete you can see the Ubuntu One client in Applications>>Internet>>Ubuntu One
Now a new window would be opened in your browser and you have to login to your Ubuntu One account and then you will have to authorize the computer for access with Ubuntu One.
That is it the computer is now added and you should see the the Ubuntu One sitting your taskbar.
Start using Ubuntu One in the next post we will cover the features of Ubuntu one in detail.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Hands on Review of Ubuntu One File Sharing and File Sync Service
- Sync / Share Files and Folders Across your Ubuntu Linux Computer with Ubuntu One
- How to Prevent Ubuntu Linux from Resetting or Changing Computer’s BIOS or Hardware Clock
- Linux: How to Install Chromium (Google Chrome) Web Browser in Ubuntu Linux
- Ubuntu Linux: How to Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope from Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex