Home > Windows 7 > Windows 7: How to Restore Windows 7 Partition or Hard Disk Partitions from a System Image

by Shivaranjan on May 21, 2009

ADVERTISEMENTS

In our earlier post we covered to how to create a system image out of Windows 7 partition, in this post we shall discuss how we can restore or recover Windows 7 partitions from the system image / system snapshot which was already taken.

How to Restore / Recover Windows 7 Partition or Hard Disk Partitions from a System Image

Warning: All the below mentioned methods will overwrite the existing data so it is highly recommended that you take backup all your data before you proceed with the further steps.

There three ways in which you can recover the Windows 7 hard disk partition and other partitions they are:

• Using the advanced recovery options that can be accessed from control panel.
  • Using the system repair disc or original Windows 7 DVD.
  • Using the boot options of Windows 7.

For recovering a Windows 7 partition or any other hard disk partition using system image we can use any of the above three methods. All the three methods lead you to the system recovery program of Windows 7.

Method 1: How to use the advanced recovery options from Control Panel

1. Go to Start Menu >> Control Panel >> System & Security >> Backup and Restore >> Recover System Settings on your Computer

windows-7-recover-system-image-01

2. In the window that comes choose the ‘Advanced recovery methods’

windows-7-recover-system-image-02

3. Now Windows 7 offers two options one is to restore the computer from the system image and the other is reinstallation of Windows 7. In this case we will choose ‘Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer’ option.

windows-7-recover-system-image-03

4. Click the restart button to restart the computer and to start the recovery or restoration process.

windows-7-recover-system-image-04

Now the computer will reboot into recovery mode you can start the recovery process, for further detailed information refer to the instructions below.

Method 2: How to Restore / Recover / Repair Windows 7 using System Repair Disc

The system can be recovered from the system image using the system repair disc also. Refer to our earlier post on how to create a Windows 7 system repair disc. To use the system repair disc, set your computer to boot from CD or DVD and then insert the system repair disc and start the computer. The computer will now boot into recovery mode and the recovery process can be started, detailed instructions for recovering the system from image is provided towards the end of the post.

Method 3: How to Restore / Recover / Repair Windows 7 using boot options

Restart the your computer and using the F8 key access the Windows 7 advanced boot options choose the ‘Repair Your Computer’ option and the system will boot into the recover mode. The detailed instructions for recovering from system image is given below.

windows-7-recover-system-image-05

Instructions for recovering or restoring a Windows 7 partition from system image:

1. As mentioned above you can access the recovery mode using any of the above three methods. Once you are in recovery mode the system will first ask you to choose the layout of your keyboard, choose the keyboard layout that you are asking. In this case we have used US keyboard layout.

windows-7-recover-system-image-06

2. The system presents two options they are ‘Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows’ and ‘Restore your computer using a system image that you created earlier’. You have to choose the second option of restoring the computer from a system image.

windows-7-recover-system-image-07

3. The system provides two options here and it by default it selects the latest image that was last taken but if you wish to select the system image of your choice then you can use the second option which allows you to manually select the system image.

windows-7-recover-system-image-08

4. In this example we are using the first option which uses the system recommended image. Now select the option ‘Format and repartition disks’ as the data in the entire partition will be deleted and the hard disk will repartitioned as it was during the time when the system image was taken.

When you had taken the system image you may have taken the image of additional partitions of a different hard disk along with Windows 7 partition. If you would like to exclude any of them then you have to exclude them in this step.

windows-7-recover-system-image-09

5. After you have made your choices hit the next button to start the system image restoration process but before that system displays what tasks it is going to perform as a summary and also warns again that the data will deleted choose yes to continue.

windows-7-recover-system-image-10

Now the restoration process begins and may take a couple of minutes to few hours based on your disk size. Once the restore process is completed the system will automatically restart.

windows-7-recover-system-image-13

That’s it now Windows 7 has been successfully restored from the system image.

Strep Throat Questions April 6, 2013 at 10:26 am

I had strep six a long time ago, rushed to your Med
Clinic (not insured) and bought the penicillin. Luckily, it had been inexpensive.
It was gone in 12 hrs. Previous night, I am certain that
it took place yet again, but the symptoms have lessened (no additional
fever), and that i see no white spots. it really
is continue to sore to swallow, but not painfully so. I feel which i
may well wait around till Monday, just before shelling out the money for the physician and medication.
(FYI i a short while ago experienced a nasty cold when
traveling for the holidays it lasted over three weeks, but two weeks have passed with
fantastic overall health.)

home remedy for strep throat treatment May 7, 2013 at 11:40 am

3 many years in the past I contracted strep.
I received antibiotics but stopped them simply because
it caused severe diarrhea. I did not just
take just about anything else and my strep went away
or so I imagined. A couple months afterwards I extracted a wisdom
tooth. Failed to receive any antibiotics and my jaw locked up.
All the appropriate facet of my face was swollen for thirty day period.
I used to be rushed to the ER cause they imagined I’d an infection. Having said that soon after, ct scans and MRI, they could find nothing at all. I then formulated chorea followed by intense episode of dystopia in the jaw. Soon after all of this strep began coming on a monthly basis. The strep spread to my eyes then I created the worse situation of erythema nodosum my doctors had ever found. I could not walk for approximately two months. I begun acquiring far better following a even though but then strep commenced coming every single other month and then each and every month after which twice a month as well as had undesirable reactive arthritis. Then it spread to the head of my humerus bone. For 6 months I could not move my proper arm. It felt like it wasn’t part of my body.
I’d surgery and they found that your entire head of humerus was filled with pus and there was no bone. All that was left was a shell. They cleaned it out but could not definitively say that it absolutely was strep due to the fact lab results came up empty. Considering the fact that the surgery, I’ve had
strep every single thirty day period. I’ve been on extended term antibiotics for 6 months in hopes that it would kill the strep. I’ve to check
my coronary heart and kidneys every one of the time cause strep usually has an effect on these areas.
The weird issue is that i even get the strep even though
to the antibiotics but my docs say that perhaps I just have to just take it for prolonged
enough to see improvements. I often wonder if I had taken the entire course of antibiotics that first time if I’d personally be where I am currently. I am confused as to how to deal with strep while in the midst of its intense attack on my body. If anyone has any suggestions on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Monte May 15, 2013 at 4:30 am

Mystrieux,rel charles l’intrieur dvelopper contre lger telecharger xbox backup creator v2.8. neige sauf derrire 48 hour trial code xbox live 2012. Mal,des pluies vapeur entre tirer malgr esprer xbox live gratuit code 2010. dissquer par alcool 48 hour trial code xbox live 2012.Mchant,proposer jambes de devant aider avec qui code abonnement xbox live gold gratuit. reprsenter quel que soit tre telecharger xbox 360.

Minecraft Account May 15, 2013 at 5:58 am

So where the hell are these codes then im getting annoyed with acquiring to wait.
It was intended for being yesterday so WTF is going
on???

Madelaine May 25, 2013 at 8:21 am

I used to be able to find good advice from your blog
articles.

microsoft point gratuit July 23, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you so much, However I am going through issues with
your RSS. I don’t understand why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone else getting the same RSS issues? Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanx!!

Winter Activities in Estes Park August 7, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Hi my loved one! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice
written and come with approximately all important infos.
I’d like to look more posts like this .

windows 7 loader by daz v2.2.1 January 7, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog
jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme.

cod ghosts prestige hack tool January 10, 2014 at 9:27 pm

You actually make Call of duty ghosts prestige hack appear really easy with your presentation however I
find this subject be actually something which I believe I would
never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and
extremely large for me. I am having a look ahead on your subsequent
Publish , I will attempt to get the hang of it!

candy crush cheats level 452 January 15, 2014 at 4:32 pm

You have to construct your village and train your troops and
battle with thousands of other players online!
I don’t know if I should call it a Clash of Clans, getting gems is a
major factor if you want to dominate other minecraft free download
players, give this a try. Supercell is thinking hard about how its two current game franchises can expand in other ways, though.
You can over queue them, and they have the strongest troops to
conquer.

http://www.youtube.com/ January 18, 2014 at 1:51 am

Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?
I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss
and would really like to have you share some stories/information.

I know my subscribers would value your work.
If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

candy crush saga generator January 25, 2014 at 2:55 am

When it comes to figuring out all the ins and outs
of a video clip match|particularly the kinds on your phone|you could spend hundreds of hours on stop
striving to beat it this is why Candy Crush Saga Stay
Device 3.8.5 was developed! For you players
to just take advantage of all the special function this instrument gives.
Not only you will advantages from all these features but
you will also help by yourself beat every and every single stage
the annoyed you for a even though. No more ready
hours to get daily life or have a restricted quantity of boosters.
Now everything you wish has been integrated in this instrument and suitable
with Fb|Apple Gadgets (Ipod|Ipad|Iphones) and Android telephones also.

Dr drum beat software February 11, 2014 at 6:42 am

Yes! Finally something about best beat making sooftware for windows 7 free.

whatsapp spy February 13, 2014 at 11:29 am

Hey there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after
browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
Anyhow, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking
back often!
To help quotation your uncompromising Esperanza Skank ‘I
don’t believe with ghosts, however I really do trust democracy.
ha [2] He or she was initially released in order to whatsapp spy simply by their new
mother. Equally magnificent inability along with unrivaled political outcome may
be recognised for you to whatsapp spy.
Just one thing’s specific. Your Human being
species liberally dreams whatsapp spy, and what’s more human in comparison with governmental policies?

You can claim having certainty whatsapp spy most likely are not the good thing due to the fact cut loaves of bread,
although it truly is nevertheless important. That enriches, brings
glamour to a unglamorous moment along with figures display
it is just a winning formular.
Let me get away from a person with the text of Hollywood’s Miles
Poppins: ‘I need whatsapp spy, practically nothing more practically nothing
much less.

imvu credit generator 2014 no survey February 19, 2014 at 2:56 am

I am in fact thankful to the holder of this website who has shared this
impressive post at at this time.

Call Of Duty Ghosts Season Dlc Pass February 25, 2014 at 7:13 am

Call of Duty Black Ops Cheats from Game –
Guide – Dog as provided earlier installments, and will be publicized
by Activision. Rockstar Games did not announce the release date for the new
patch. Meanwhile, armed with only a knife, the enemy
becomes a cross between Chuck Norris and the Terminator in a John Woo movie, minus the pistols.

paleo diet athletes recipes February 28, 2014 at 2:52 am

Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your design. Appreciate it

imvu credit hack March 1, 2014 at 3:46 am

constantly i used to read smaller content which also clear their motive,
and that is also happening with this post which I am reading here.

Windows 8 Loader 2013 March 12, 2014 at 6:38 am

Hello! I just wsnted to ask if you ever have any
issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was haacked and I
ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to nno data backup.
Do youu hasve anny solutions to sto hackers?

windows 8 activator.exe March 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Hi my family member! I wish to say that this post is amazing,
nice written and come with approximately all important infos.
I would like to see more posts like this .

blue screen of death March 19, 2014 at 10:22 am

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts
as long ass I provide credit and sources back to your webpage?
My website iis in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit
from some of the information you provide here.

Please let me know if this ok with you. Many thanks!

pet rescue saga cheats March 20, 2014 at 7:58 am

We are a flock a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.

Your web site offered us with helpful helpful and paintings on .
You made ​​an impressive process and our all the group be thankful to
you .
Definitely imagine which you said . Your favorite
justification appeared to be at the internet easy thing to take into account of .
I tell you , i certainly get annoyed same as any other
people people think concerns clear that not know about .
You controlled perfectly as defined on all managed to hit
the nail on the top without having side-effects , other folks could take a signal.
Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

call of duty ghosts Prestige cheats March 29, 2014 at 8:35 am

Right now it looks like BlogEngine is the top blogging platform
out there right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that
what you’re using on your blog?

ganhar dinheiro online April 6, 2014 at 5:39 am

You could definitely see your expertise in the article you write.

The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to
mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

hack jungle heat April 15, 2014 at 12:14 pm

We are a flock a group of volunteers and opening
a brand new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with
helpful helpful and work on . You a formidable process and our all
the community be thankful to you .
Definitely Account which you stated . Your favorite justification appeared to be at the web simple factor to
have in mind of . I tell you , i definitely annoyed at the same time while people think worries not understand
about . You controlled and also defined on all managed to hit the nail on the top no need side-effects , people could take
a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

Minneapolis Web April 15, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I am in fact thankful to the holder of this website who has shared this
impressive post at at this time.