JPEG and PNG file are some of the popular image file formats that we use for sharing photos or images with family and friends on Internet but these files contain meta data like:
- Model of Digital camera used.
- Date when the picture was shot.
- Serial number of camera.
- If the image was manipulated using a software then the details like version number of the software can be found.
- Thumbnail of the images can be found.
- Geographic tags
The above mentioned are only some of the metadata that these files contain, it makes lot of sense to remove these meta data from the JPEG and PNG files before publishing it on Internet. We have already covered a similar tool that also removes metadata from image files. Another advantage of stripping the metadata from the image files the file size would decrease slightly.
JPEG & PNG Stripper is a free tool using you can strip or remove the meta from JPG/JPEG and PNG files. To remove the metadata just drag and drop the JPEG and PNG files into the tool and then select the options that are available and hit the clear button to remove the metadata from the JPEG and PNG files.
If you wish to keep file date and time stamp then you can skip it from getting removed using the ‘Preserve file date and times’ option. This works with all versions of Windows.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Convert, Resize, Rename and Compress Image Files using ImageKonverter
- Optimize and Reduce the File Size of PNG Files using PNG Optimizer
- Quickly Convert JPEG Images of Directory or Folder To a PowerPoint File (PPT)
- Quickly and Easily Batch Compress Multiple PNG Files
- Control Windows Vista UAC (User Account Control) Settings with UAC Shortcut