If you want to change the parameters like aspect ratio of MPEG4 (mp4) then you have to open it an video editor and do the changes and then re-encode the entire video. The video encoding is a CPU intensive task and takes lot of time to complete so if these parameters can be changed without re-encoding then we can save lot of time.
MPEG4 Modifier is free tool that allows you change the parameters like aspect ratio (16:9 to 4:3 & vice versa, pixel aspect ratio and display aspect ratio), video codec in use and interlacing settings without the need for encoding the entire video file again.
(click to enlarge the above image)
It also shows detailed technical information like aspect ratio, type of pixels, FourCC used and etc of the video file.
To change the parameters of a mp4 video file load the file into the tool and then do the changes and then save the file as it does not re-encode the video file the output file will be ready quickly. This tool does not require any installation hence can be used as portable application in USB flash drives. MPEG4 Modifier runs on all versions of Windows and requires .NET Framework 2 and above.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Optimize and Reduce the File Size of PNG Files using PNG Optimizer
- Batch Convert Multiple Text Files (Txt) to PDF File using TXT To PDF Converter
- Quickly Convert Archive Files like RAR, ZIP, 7z from One Format to Another File Format
- How to Blank / Black Out the Entire Screen Except for a Particular Selected Area OR Blank / Black Out a Particular Selected Area of the Screen Alone
- Quickly Join/Merge/Combine Multiple FLV Files using FLV Joiner