If you are a blog publisher then you would be using PNG file format for posting screenshots or images in your blog, if you optimize and have your PNG file size as low as possible you will save lots of bandwidth on your webhosting account. PNGGauntlet is a free tool using you can batch compress multiple PNG files quickly and easily with out any loss of image quality.
(click on image to enlarge)
PNGGauntlet has four compression strategies using the PNG files are compressed:
- Xtreme this setting gives you maximum reduction in compression of PNG files but takes a little longer to complete the compression process.
- Longest Match
This tool can also be used as convert JPG, GIF, TGA, PCX, and BMP to PNG file format, just drag and drop these files and hit the optimize button the files will be converted to PNG file format. There are options provided to control the output parameters like bit depth, colour depth, filter type and etc.
This is a very useful tools for people who use PNG file format for publishing frequently. This software runs on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista and Windows 7 but requires .NET Framework 2.0 or newer.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Remove / Strip Metadata (EXIF) from JPEG and PNG Image Files
- Convert, Resize, Rename and Compress Image Files using ImageKonverter
- Optimize and Reduce the File Size of PNG Files using PNG Optimizer
- Control Windows Vista UAC (User Account Control) Settings with UAC Shortcut
- Batch Convert Multiple Text Files (Txt) to PDF File using TXT To PDF Converter