Many operating systems, bootable tools these days can be downloaded as ISO files and these files need to be burned to CD or DVD for further use. If you are using earlier versions of Windows prior to Windows 7 then you would have to use a image burner or some CD/DVD burning software to burn an ISO file but Windows 7 comes with native support for burning ISO files which is an awesome feature.
How to Burn an ISO Image File in Windows 7 using the Native Support
To burn an ISO image using Windows Disc Image Burner right click the ISO image and choose ‘Burn disc image’ option.
This will now open up the Windows Disc Image Burner, now choose the CD/DVD burner of your choice and hit the ‘Burn’ button to begin the burning process. To verify the burnt disc with the ISO image check the ‘ Verify disc after burning’ option.
The burning will take few minutes to complete based on the size of your ISO image file.
That’s it now remove the CD/DVD and start using it.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Convert Nero NRG File to Standard ISO File Format using NRG to ISO
- Windows 7: How to Erase a Rewritable CD / DVD Disc
- Windows 7: How to Restore Windows 7 Partition or Hard Disk Partitions from a System Image
- Windows 7: How to Create a System Image of a Hard Disk Partition or Windows 7 Partition
- Windows 7: How to Create a System Repair / Rescue / Recovery Disc