Rewritable CD and DVD discs are used by us on day to day basis for various needs. To reuse a rewritable CD or DVD we would have to erase the disc prior to use if the previous session was closed, most of use the third party utility softwares to erase the CD or DVD. In this post we shall discuss how this can be done in Windows 7 without the need for any third party software.
How to Erase a Rewritable CD / DVD Disc in Windows 7
1. Open My Computer and choose the CD/DVD burner in which you have loaded the rewritable CD/DVD. Now right click and that drive and select the ‘Erase this disc’ this option.
Additional Windows 7 Tip: Windows 7: How to Burn an ISO Image File using Native Support
2. Now the this Windows 7 will ask for your confirmation to erase the rewritable disc and start the disc erasing process
The rewritable CD/DVD disc will be erased in a couple of minutes. That’s it now reuse the rewritable disc for your data needs.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Windows 7: How to Burn an ISO Image File using Native Support
- Windows 7: How to Restore Windows 7 Partition or Hard Disk Partitions from a System Image
- Windows 7: How to Create a System Image of a Hard Disk Partition or Windows 7 Partition
- Windows 7: How to Create a System Repair / Rescue / Recovery Disc
- Windows 7: How to Remove Windows 7 RC Watermark from Desktop