Now most people have more than one computer at home with a home network, which gives rise to share and map folders across computers. Share Manager is a free software that allows you manage mapped and shared drives in your windows computer.
Features of Share Manager:
(click to enlarge)
You can quickly add or remove a share folders from your computer. To add a shared folder click on the “Add Share” button then enter the shared folder name and select the folder that you wish you share.
Incase if you wish to remove a shared folder use the “Remove Share” option to remove the shared folder.
Similarly you can map a network drive using the “Map Drive” option to map a network drive. Enter the network drive’s path then choose the drive letter of your choice and if required enter the username and password. If you would like the mapped network drive to be available even after reboot then make sure that you check the ‘Persistent’ check box.
To remove a mapped drive use the ‘Unmap Drive’ option, this software is pretty straight forward to use we tested this in Windows 7 and Windows XP where it worked flawlessly. There is similar tool called NetDrives which we have covered earlier.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Quickly Map, Share and Manage Network / Shared Drives in Windows using NetDrives
- Easily Manage, Map and Unmap Network Drives in Windows
- Greenshot- The Lightweight Screenshot Taking Utility
- Split a Folder into Multiple Small Folders by Number of Files, Folder Size and Folder Name using Folder Axe
- Convert Nero NRG File to Standard ISO File Format using NRG to ISO