Got fed up with completely ad filled webpage? Are you on a slow connection? If your answer is yes then this post will be immensely useful for you. ‘Text Only’ is a chrome extension that uses Viewtext.org to display the webpage text only mode.
Features of Text Only Google Chrome Extension:
There are three ways in which you can use this extension to load webpage or link in text only mode:
1. Once this extension has been installed you can find the ‘Text only’ icon in the Chrome browser using which you can load the current webpage that you are viewing in text only mode.
2. If you want to open any link on existing webpage in ‘Text Only’ mode then all you have to do is right click on the link and you will see the ‘Open in text-only mode’, use this option to load the webpage in text only mode in a new tab.
3. Now if you are wondering about a shortcut to load a existing webpage quickly then you can use the shortcut key Alt+T to load existing webpage in text only mode.
This is how a webpage when loaded using viewtext.org looks:
(click to enlarge)
Advantages of using ‘Text Only’ Chrome extension:
1. You can get rid of the ads and other clutter present on a webpage, thereby focusing on the content.
2. Users on super slow internet connections can use this extension to load webpages faster.
3. You don’t have to go manually to viewtext.org to load pages and the features of this extension helps you load a webpage in text only mode quickly.
4. If you are using an internet connection that is bandwidth limited then you can save tons of bandwidth using this extension.
5. If you are are using Instapaper mobilizer this is an alternative.
Thanks Shankar Ganesh for developing this extension.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Google Chrome Extension: Adblock Plus– Block / Disable Advertisements (Ads) on Webpages
- Google Chrome: How to sync bookmarks, apps, extensions, preferences, passwords, browsing history and etc
- Linux: How to Install Chromium (Google Chrome) Web Browser in Ubuntu Linux
- Google Chrome: How to Share Google+ Plus Posts / Status in Facebook and Twitter