There are many laptops these days that come without the Num, Caps and Scroll lock indicator LEDs and one such laptop is Dell Studio 15 which I use regularly. Many times it becomes difficult to find out the status of the Num, Caps and Scroll keys and this can get frustrating at times. The Keyboard LEDs is a freeware software that shows the status of the Num key, Caps key and Scroll key in system tray in real time.
Features of Keyboard LEDs:
The Keyboard LEDs can display the the status of the Num key, Caps key and Scroll key in system tray as shown above. The application adds an icon which is represented by rectangle divided in equal parts. Each small rectangle denotes the status of the Num key, Caps key and Scroll key. In addition to this a small floating window displays the current status of the keys.
Keyboard LEDs allows you to customize the following parameters:
- Automatic program run at startup.
- Beep on lock state change.
- Ability to arrange the tray icon key indicator placement and colour.
- Ability to customize on screen display i.e. customization of size of the on screen window, body colour, text colour and opacity of the window.
The software works fine under Windows 7. This utility is very useful for people who use laptops that don’t have keyboard indicator LEDs.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Securely Delete or Wipe files and Folders using File Shredder
- Backup, Restore and Optimize Windows Registry using ERUNTgui
- Windows 7: How to Remove Windows 7 SP1 Backup Files to Gain / Free up Disk Space
- Windows 7: How to Erase a Rewritable CD / DVD Disc
- Tweak, Optimize, Speedup and Manage Windows 7 Settings Quickly using EnhanceMySe7en