File Shredder is a free software that allows you to securely delete or wipe your files / folders with ease. It is always a good practice to shred files and folders that contain sensitive information when deleting the files so that the data doesn’t fall in wrong hands. One example is if you are getting rid of your hard disk or USB flash drive you may want to wipe all the files and folders in it so that those data would never be recoverable as you never know where the drive would end up.
Features of File Shredder
File Shredder is a simple easy to use utility that allows you to shred and securely delete files / folders using by overwriting it several times with US Dod 5220.22-M erasure method. To shred a file or folder just drag and drop it into the File Shredder window and hit the start button, then the program will delete files and folder using the US Dod 5220.22-M erasure method. After the files are shredded you will get a pop up window that says the files have been successfully shred.
The program doesn’t require any installation hence it can be run directly from your portable drive or USB drive. The program just weighs close to 600 KB which makes still easier to carry around in small capacity USB drives.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Split a Folder into Multiple Small Folders by Number of Files, Folder Size and Folder Name using Folder Axe
- Backup, Restore and Optimize Windows Registry using ERUNTgui
- Quickly Find 100 Large Files Present in Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Greenshot- The Lightweight Screenshot Taking Utility
- Convert Nero NRG File to Standard ISO File Format using NRG to ISO