Folder Axe is a free software that you can use to split a folder into multiple small folders based on various criteria. This can be quite useful if you are organizing files from a large folder with huge number of files.
Features of Folder Axe:
The following split criteria are available in Folder Axe to split a folder:
- Split by amount (Specify the number of files each resulting folder is limited to)
- Split by size (Specify the size limit of each resulting folder)
- Split by name (Created folders based upon the first x number of characters in file names)
To split a folder by number of files for each resulting folder go to the ‘By Amount’ tab and enter the number files per folder you want in resulting folders and hit the ‘Split’ button and the existing folder would be split into smaller folders.
To split a folder by specifying the resulting folder size choose the ‘By Size’ tab and enter the size limit for the folder either in KB,MB or GB. Make sure you don’t enter the folder size limit less than the max individual file size. The program is smart enough to alert you the minimum size that you need to enter. After you are done with choosing the max folder size hit the ‘Split’ button and the folder would be split into smaller folders based on the folder size that you specified.
To split a folder by name go to the ‘By Name’ tab and enter how many characters in the file names (from left) should considered. The folders would be created based on the first x number of the characters in the file names. Don’t forget to the enter the Folder naming scheme.
We tested this software under Windows 7 and it worked fine without any issues. To run this software you need to have .NET Framework 4.x.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Securely Delete or Wipe files and Folders using File Shredder
- Quickly Find 100 Large Files Present in Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Greenshot- The Lightweight Screenshot Taking Utility
- Convert Nero NRG File to Standard ISO File Format using NRG to ISO
- Backup, Restore and Optimize Windows Registry using ERUNTgui