The brilliant jump list feature which was introduced in Windows 7 has been included and tweaked in Windows 8. The number of items in the Windows 8 jump list can be now controlled which is quite useful as at times I feel that the default value of 10 is not adequate for users like me.
Manage the Number of Items in the Jump List in Windows 8:
1. Right Click on the Taskbar > Properties > Jump list tab
2. Change the number of recent items to display in the jump list. The default value is 10 and you can choose the value that you intend to use. You can also opt to disable recently opened programs and disable recently opened items in jump lists under the privacy header.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Windows 8 Developer Preview: Toggle / Switch between Classic Start Menu and Metro Start Screen
- Windows 8: How to create a Windows 8 bootable install USB
- Greenshot- The Lightweight Screenshot Taking Utility
- Split a Folder into Multiple Small Folders by Number of Files, Folder Size and Folder Name using Folder Axe
- Convert Nero NRG File to Standard ISO File Format using NRG to ISO